** This form may be used to submit updates to the membership database without renewing.
Check the checkbox below labeled "Update Only" and supply your memb#, name/email and update(s).
Updates requested may be delayed until changes requested are confirmed with you.
Remember to PRINT a copy before clicking on submit.
Prospective Members, awaiting for their membership to be approved should hold off on
mailing in their application form (and check) until their membership is approved.
The opportunity to use the Chalet (property of the Trustees of the San Diego Ski Chalet) is a benefit of club membership and a privilege. Accordingly, everyone who uses the Chalet must know how to use it properly. To help accomplish this end, the following rules and guidelines as well as the Chalet Rules posted in the entry at the Chalet must be understood and followed by all users:
1. Reservations – You MUST have a reservation to stay at the Chalet. You may make a reservation online any time before your arrival. Or, you may call ahead at least 36 hours in advance of your trip for reservations, leaving the following information: Your name, phone number, dates you wish to stay, number of people in your party and identify members/guests. You as a member are responsible for paying for the entire party, including guests, and sending payment for your stay PROMPTLY upon return. If you do not pay promptly a late fee will be assessed and you will be required to prepay BEFORE DEPARTURE for your next trip.
2. Cancellation – If your plans change and you are not going to stay a night that you have reserved, you must log in and cancel, or call and cancel BEFORE 6PM of the night reserved or you owe for each night not cancelled.
3. Payment – If you did not prepay, send payment within 5 days of return, otherwise a $10.00 Late Fee will be assessed. Paypal email@example.com or make a check payable to "San Diego Ski Club Chalet," include date(s) of stay and send to the Chalet Manager at the address listed in the Roster and Newsletters.
4. Guests – Members are responsible for guest behavior. All guests must be accompanied by a sponsoring member. Guests may not arrive at the Chalet before or stay at the Chalet after the departure of the sponsoring member. Guest fees for use of the Chalet are the sponsorÕs responsibility. Bring guests whom you would leave alone at your house.
5. Entry – The key to the front door is in a lock box on the door. To open the lock box, enter the correct combination and push down on the top button. The key will release. Re-enter the code and reinstall the key in the lock box. Lock the door after you enter. This provides security to those sleeping, knowing that only members with the code can get in.
6. Registration – Every person (or adult sponsor) using the Chalet, including guests, must sign the register/waiver upon arrival.
7. Accommodations – All Chalet users shall bring their own sleeping bag, or blankets, and pillow. No sleeping in the lounge. Men shall not sleep on the womenÕs side just because no one is there. You do not know who is coming up or when they will arrive.
8. Thermostat – If you are the first to arrive or get up in the morning, set the thermostat on the wall by the men's dorm to a comfortable setting (65 to 72 degrees), after 10PM set it to 50 degrees. When the last person leaves the Chalet, set it to 50 degrees.
9. Life/Safety - Exit lights must be left ON while the Chalet is occupied. Do not block the emergency exits at the back of each dorm. Fire extinguishers are located in each dorm and in the lounge.
10. Air Conditioning - During warmer weather, for fresh air, open the windows. Remember to close them before you leave.
11. Water Heater – The water heater is a tankless heater in the womenÕs bath and requires no adjustment. Leave it alone.
12. Water Valves - DO NOT PLAY WITH ANY OF THE VALVES UNDER THE SINKS IN THE BATHROOMS! If there is a problem, call the Chalet Manager on the phone, or call the plumber listed on the wall of the entry.
13. Parking – Parking is tight. If you do not have a reservation at the Chalet, do not park at the Chalet. Park in plowed spots, alongside the Chalet, or at the end of the road. Do not block others in with your vehicle, if you do, be prepared to be awakened early to move it. If there is no room to park at the Chalet, you may need to unload your vehicle and find a parking lot in town. Do not park on a public street or the snow plow operator will have it towed away. Do not park at San Juaquin Villas.
14. Snow Plow – During the winter the snow plow clears a roadway through the parking lot, quite often early in the morning before people get up. Please do not block the access road. If you get snowed in you must wait for the plow to arrive.
15. Out of Control Children - We welcome children, but they need to behave and obey their parents. Children running, shouting, being obnoxious and not obeying their parents, or being disrespectful to other Chalet users is not acceptable. Failure will result in denial of future reservations. Children shall never be left alone in the Chalet. You could be reported to Child Protective Services for doing so.
16. Empty Bunks - Extra gear should be stowed under the bunk, in the cubbies, or on the hangers above. It is very disconcerting for a person coming in late at night to find gear spread out over 2 or 3 bunks. If you are occupying several bunks, latecomers have permission to place your gear on the floor and use the bunk.
17. Food and Cooking – NO COOKING! NO MICROWAVES! Only hot water (for tea, cocoa, oatmeal, etc.) or coffee prep is allowed, in the entryway. If you bring food put it in a mouse proof container. Please limit the amount of food you bring. Food is only to be stored in the entryway and space is limited. NO food is allowed in the SLEEPING AREA because of possible rodent problems (rats and mice), Hantavirus from mouse droppings leads to sickness and death. Clean up when you are finished eating! DO NOT leave any food or coolers outside on the porch, in the snow, or in your car. We donÕt want to greet a bear when we are trying to get in or out.
18. Trash - Food will not be left in trash baskets to smell bad and attract rodents. If the trash baskets fill up during your stay, take the full trash bags to your car to be disposed of on your next drive out of the parking lot. When you clean up the Chalet for departure, empty all trash baskets into a big trash bag and take the trash bag with you. Leave all trash baskets with new (and empty) paper or plastic bags. Info regarding disposing of trash is POSTED.
19. Smoking – Absolutely NO SMOKING within the Chalet.
20. Alcohol – No excessive drinking of alcoholic beverages. We don't need to deal with a drunk. It will just drive good members away.
21. Pornography – If you bring pornography, your membership in the San Diego Ski Club is terminated.
22. Pets – Pets are not allowed inside the Chalet. This includes all pets. Other guests may have allergies.
23. Quiet Hours – Quiet hours are 10PM to 6AM. Arrive/leave quietly during these hours. Be courteous. Turn cell phones off after 10PM.
24. Cleaning – The chalet is a do it yourself operation. You must clean up when you leave or coordinate with all persons staying there to clean up some portion as your share of the chores. Cleaning equipment and supplies are in both dorms for your use. Leaving clean up for someone else is the wrong attitude. It's your Chalet. The work list is located in the entryway or lounge.
25. Security – If you are the last one out, lock the doors and windows. If you are not sure, or others are still asleep, lock the door.
You agree that if you violate these rules, you will lose Chalet privileges for the balance of the year, at a minimum. Additionally you agree that failure to read and understand these, and other posted rules of the Chalet, is not an excuse for not following them.